Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)


Are you interested in working in Australia for a short period of time?  The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to work in Australia for up to 12 months.  The working holiday visa also allows visa holders to work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer; study for up to four months; and leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.

The Working Holiday visa programme is designed to enhance the cultural and social development of young people and promote mutual understanding between Australia and other nations.

The Working Holiday visa is only available to passport holders from Belgium, Canada, the Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, the Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.

If you would like some assistance to determine whether you are eligible for a Working Holiday visa or would like some further information, please contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal.


If you have any queries about this article, please contact:

Adrian Bambrick

Mobile: 0439 981 969


View profile >>

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation (SA)