Why should I use an Immigration Lawyer opposed to a Migration Agent?
What is the difference between an Immigration Lawyer and a Migration Agent? To answer this question it is important to understand the nature of an Australian Immigration lawyer and an Australian Migration Agent.
Both Australian Immigration Lawyers and Australian Migration Agents are required to be registered with Migration Agents Registration Authority (‘MARA’) and therefore subject to MARA’s guidelines and regulations. However, Immigration lawyers in South Australia are also required to hold a South Australian Solicitor Practising Certificate.
As immigration lawyers we are also legally bound keep all clients’ information confidential with the rules of legal professional privilege applying, that is,we are not required to disclose your information unless directed by the court.
At Bambrick Legal, we are both registered Migration Agents and Australian Lawyers. We are not only subject to the code of conduct outlined by MARA but we must adhere to the ethical and professional standards prescribed by the Solicitor Conduct Rules. As solicitors, we are also regulated by the Legal Practitioners Act and Regulations, and are closely monitored by the Legal Practitioner Conduct Commission.
As a result of our dual role as migration agents and immigration lawyers, we are also able to provide additional services including but not limited to:
- Interpretation of the relevant laws and regulations including the Migration Act 1958 and Migration Regulations;
- Prepare Legal Submissions to respond to queries or refusals made by the Department of Home Affairs;
- Prevent unnecessary and avoidable costs for appeals by providing sound legal advice as to your prospects of success for various visa subclasses;
- Provide a wide range of legal advice with respect to various areas of law; and
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications between yourself and us.
If you would like to know more, please contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal today:
- Call us on 08 8362 5269
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in our enquiry form here
- Visit our office at 133-135 Rundle Street, Kent Town SA 5067
CONTACT US NOW TO BOOK YOUR FREE immichat CONSULTATION!