Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
Direct Entry stream
The Direct Entry stream is an alternative way to obtain permanent residency in Australia through skilled migration. The Direct Entry stream is suitable for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 for at least the last two years, or are applying directly from outside Australia.
To be eligible for the direct entry stream you must:
– Be nominated by your employer
– Have not turned 50 years of age (unless you meet the exemptions);
– Have competent English language ability;
– Satisfy health and character requirements;
– Meet a valid positive Skills Assessment and 3 years full time relevant experience.
The Direct Entry stream requires that the visa applicant will be employed on a full time basis in the nominated position for at least two years. The terms and conditions of employment must not preclude extension of the period of employment.
For more information regarding the Direct Entry stream for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187), contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal today.
If you have any queries about this article, please contact:
Mobile: 0439 981 969
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation (SA)
- Transaction of consumer to consumer payments (eg, purchasing a second hand vehicle) but not including transactions involving real property (eg, land and real estate).
- Withdrawals and deposits to and from banks.
- Exchanging foreign currency.