Parent category visa options


Would you like to bring your parents to Australia?   A parent visa will allow your parent or parents to live in Australia for up to 2 years as a temporary resident, or live in Australia permanently as an Australian permanent resident.

Your parents may be eligible to come to Australia if they have a child who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen; and who has been living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years before lodging their visa application.

Applicants are also required to have a sponsor, meet the Balance of family test criteria; and meet health and character requirements.

There are many visa options available for people looking at bringing their parents to Australia.   Some of the Parent visas available include:

-        Parent visa (subclass 103);

-        Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173);

-        Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143);

-        Aged Parent visa (subclass 804);

-        Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884); and

-        Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864).

If you would like some assistance to determine whether your parents are eligible for a parent visa, please contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal today: 


  • Call us on 08 8362 5269
  • Email [email protected]
  • Fill in our enquiry form here 
  • Visit our office at Suite 12, 15 Fullarton Road, Kent Town SA 5067




                                                                      o.jpg     BL_website.PNG