What is an Australian Study Requirement?
12 Sept 2016
Have you previously studied in Australia? Are you looking at applying for a skilled migration visa? The Australian Study Requirement allows applicants to gain additional points for their studies when applying for skilled migration visas.
The Australian Study requirement is outlined in the Migration Regulations and requires an applicant to satisfy the Minister that the applicant has completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award by an Australian educational institution. The qualification must be closely related to the applicant’s nominated skilled occupation.
The course must satisfy the following:
- Be listed on the approval list of courses for international students (CRICOS);
- Completed in a total of at least 16 calendar months;
- Completed as a result of a total of at least two academic years of study;
- Instruction of course must be conducted in English; and
- The applicant undertook this study while in Australia as the holder of a visa authorising the applicant to study.
The Australian study requirement can be complex and it is therefore critical that you get it right.
If you would like further information to understand whether you are eligible for additional points and satisfy the Australian study requirement, please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal who can provide further information and assist with your application today.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation (SA)
We are committed to providing cost effective and user friendly legal services for individuals who need help with family law. Contact Bambrick Legal today to get started.
Bambrick Legal is committed to providing cost effective, user friendly legal services to individuals and small to medium sized business. We are unique in that we offer:
- no charge for first half hour (and, in many cases, work for a fixed fee); and
- after hours service.
Call now for your free no obligation 30 minute consultation!