Migration Update September 2020 – New Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
On 2 September 2020, Acting Minister for Immigration Alan Tudge and the Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business Michaelia Cash jointly announced a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) for 17 occupations that will be able to enter Australia to assist in the country’s COVID recovery. These occupations are in health care, construction and IT sectors that will help with Australia’s health and economic response to COVID-19.
Visa holders, who have been sponsored by an Australian business in a PMSOL occupation can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions, but will have to fund their own 14 days quarantine on arrival.
Labour market testing will still be required to be able to sponsor applications in these occupations.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are as follows:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
This announcement targets employer sponsored visa holders, in particular Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) and Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482).
You may be eligible for permanent residency after 2 years on a subclass 482 visa.
You can read the media release here
Bambrick Legal has significant experience with preparing successful employer sponsored visa applications. To find out more contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal today:
Free initial consultations are available for a limited time only.