Contracts and legal documents
Contracts and legal documents are a part of our lives. Some of us are more experienced than others when it comes to understanding what a contract or legal document means, and what the consequences of signing it are, or may be.
Care ought to be taken before signing a contract. In particular:
- Don’t sign anything before you read it.
- Don’t sign anything before you understand it.
- Don’t sign anything unless you agree with it.
- Don’t sign anything with blank spaces.
- Don’t sign anything that does not include all the things that are important to you.
- If you are told that what is written down means something different from what you think it means, don’t automatically believe it.
- Keep a copy of everything you sign.
If you are not sure about signing a document, take it to a lawyer before you sign it, not after.
If you would like to know more, please contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal today: