Business Innovation & Investment (subclass 188) visa: Travel restriction relief
On 9 September 2020, the Department of Home Affairs’s COVID mini-site was updated to allow the holder of a Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa to be automatically exempt from travel restrictions and can enter Australia, without obtaining an individual exemption.
Those who are currently exempt from requiring individual exemptions to enter Australia are:
• An Australian citizen
• A permanent resident of Australia
• An immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident (holders of subclasses 100, 309, 801, 820, 101, 102 and 445 visas)
• A NZ citizen usually resident in Australia and their immediate family members
• A diplomat accredited to Australia (holding a subclass 995 visa)
• A traveller transiting Australia for less than 72 hours
• Airline crew
• Maritime crew including maritime pilots; and
• Recruited under the Government approved Seasonal Worker Program or Pacific Labour Scheme.
To know more about applying for an individual exemption, please click here.
To know more about the Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa, please click here.
Bambrick Legal has significant experience with preparing successful employer sponsored visa applications. To find out more contact one of our friendly staff at Bambrick Legal today:
Free initial consultations are available for a limited time only.
Enjoyed this article? Check out more: